Thursday, March 25, 2010

I KNOW I KNOW

The Saavedra family is back,I'm a horrible person blah blah blah. Here is a recap of what has been happening to us since the last post.



Sept- Moved into our new apartment in Taylorsville. Cute place (not alot of storage BOO) so we still have boxes in the back bedroom that we haven't unpacked b/c no room. Started going to our new branch. That's right they have branches in UT. They have definitely put us to work. Omar is in the Elders Quorum Pres and I have 2 callings Sunday School Teacher and Chair Women of Enrichment ( so now I have to go b/c I'm the one planing the activities that Branch Pres is a smart man)

Oct thru Dec
I got a job. I work for Salt Lake Community College as a Reader/Scribe for a blind student. It's a good job doesn't pay much but its a job. Omar was doing more training up at Camp Williams. I turned the BIG 28 in Nov. Thankfully my birthday was not on Thanksgiving that year but I had Midterms or a big test that night (Can't remember) and didn't do much for the birthday. Finished another semester of school with a pretty good GPA but changed my major again. If you are counting with me that is #4 I think. Christmas was good. Did alot of driving all along the Wasatch front to one families house one day and then the other. Didn't spend alot of time at our home, but we did get up a Christmas tree this year, that's making progress.

Jan thru Now

Started another semester which is getting kind of intense Lots of end of semester projects/presentations to do. I get about a 2wk break then its summer school for me. But I am grateful that I don't have to take a semester off to save money for school I can just keep going till I graduate, which will be never if I keep changing my major. Omar has been doing alot of training and studying for a competition that starts 2nite at Camp Williams. He is competing for the title of NCO of the Year for the State of UT. I am soo proud of him for all of his hard work and dedication to this competition. As you can see he has been promoted to E-5 and I was able to put that rank on him at last months drill. It was a very proud moment for me to know that all of his hard work was paying off. Cross your fingers that he wins this weekend b/c the regional competition is in Hawaii sometime this summer. We are in the home stretch for preparing/training for Omar to leave this summer for his deployment. It has come up really quickly. I have been keeping myself really busy so that I don't have to think about it but it is right around the corner so I am forced now to think and plan accordingly.
That's whats happening in our family right at this moment. Alot of changes but I have seen the Lord's hand directing our family and pouring blessings and comfort upon us for the changes and sacrifices that we are about endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment